With the constant news updates and changes happening in our wacky world, anxiety and stress run rampant. It can feel as though you’re lost, set adrift in an ocean of chaos. Though it may appear that you’re alone in this, you may find comfort in knowing that we’re all alone in it together. More than ever, it is important to pull yourself from the doubts that fill your mind and set up a routine to treat yourself.
It’s easy to schedule work, food, and family, but the little person in your head might still cry out for an escape. If you aren’t practiced in the art of relaxing, Double Dare is here to offer some ideas to help break you out of a rut. Here are 5 ways to shake the quarantine monotony and return you to the best version of yourself:
- Calming Music–You know yourself best, and each person resonates with a different vibe. Whether you’re searching for the spa experience to whisper soft nothings in your ear, or you choose to play something that you bopped out to when you were younger, create a playlist that will lift your spirit. You can become the DJ to your best mood.
- Sniff Sniff–What do you smell? Maybe you prefer a gentle breeze from opening the windows, or you might enjoy hiding from the light and surrounding yourself with incense and candles. Try something new by removing the stale air. Lavender is notorious for having soothing properties, but you may also find joy in the scent of freshly baked cookies. Remember… this is the time to treat yourself.
- The Snozzberries Taste Like Snozzberries–Yes, cookies were just mentioned, but we also don’t want to trigger you into falling into any bad habits. The name of the game is relaxing. Reducing caffeine and turning to tea might be the ticket. The usual suspects for teas that encourage relaxation include chamomile, peppermint, or even lemon balm. The list goes on, so follow your taste buds into a state of pure bliss.
- Visually Appealing–If you haven’t noticed a theme, we’re hitting all the senses. This tip centers on what your peepers are seeing, or in this case, not seeing. It’s second nature to pick up your phone whenever it buzzes. Who tweeted this? Why did they post that? The news said what? Designate a time that is phone-free where you can hide it away. Limiting the constant itch to pull out the phone can restore dopamine levels, causing a renewal in the mind. Too much to ask? Other options involve diving into that book you’ve been saying you have to read or even watching a movie that fills your heart with inspiration and hope.
- All the Feels–Speak up. Don’t be afraid to ask someone you’re quarantining with for a hug if that’s what your soul needs. On the other end of your rejuvenation experience, what your body and skin need are important too. Double Dare’s got you covered there. Don’t worry, we’ve done all the best research and work for you. Here are alternate ways to treat yourself according to your skin type.
Dry Skin: Is your skin snowing in July? Water is the first and foremost aid in the attempt to turn your desert into an oasis. Also, you can sit back and kick it with the OMG! Sugar Foam Cleanser to wipe away the debris, the OMG! Feeling Pad to retexturize and calm the skin, and finish it with the Honey Milk Dual Care to sooth and restore the skin to its plump and healthy texture.
Aging: Though wrinkles can signify the best of memories through shared smiles and squints, it may not be the look you’re hoping to achieve. If you literally want to pull the age lines back, take a deep breath and wash with the OMG! Red Oil to Foam Cleanser. Apply the Age Freeze Veil Mask to lock in the youth and protect the newly rejuvenated skin with the OMG! Red Water Serum.
Sensitive Skin: Not all skin types are created equally, and for those with sensitive skin, even touching your face can prove challenging. The Oil to Foam Jet Cleanser was created with you in mind. Follow up with the OMG! Feeling Pad to smooth out the skin tone and restore the PH balance. If you really want to feel pampered, you can use the OMG! Standing Mask Brush to apply the OMG! Platinum Hot Pink Facial Mask Kit. This little ditty merges detoxing, soothing, and moisturizing all into one amazing experience.
Oily Skin – Don’t worry. We haven’t forgotten about you. Wiping your brow only to find it slick with an oil spill is never fun. The Honey Milk Drop Face Wash keeps your essential moisture so that the skin doesn’t overproduce later in the day. Once finished, the OMG! 3 in 1 Kit Peel Off Mask helps in controlling oil production along with removing blackheads and other impurities. Finish it off with the OMG! Red MPR Glow to strengthen the skin barrier and recover the skin.
Whether you kick your feet up and pull your hair back with the OMG! Mega Hairband, or you simply play some music that brings you back 10 years, we at Double Dare hope that you can shed some anxiety with these DIY spa ideas. Every day is a new day. You deserve to approach it with the best version of yourself!
Style And Society